Aggregation Comparison module allows you to view two Aggregation execution results simultaneously. On the Task Selection pane, you can choose two instances of an Aggregation Task and compare the results in the data grid where the columns from both resulting tables are laid out side by side.
Aggregation Comparison Screen
To open the Aggregation Comparison screen (Fig.) on the main screen click on the Aggregation button and select the Aggregation Comparison option from the menu.
Aggregation Comparison screen allows you to:
1. See the results of the Aggregation execution for two sets of dates. The interface allows you to view the summaries broken down following the Detail Setup structure;
2. Perform drill-down;
3. Apply logical conditions to narrow displayed information down to the required degree;
4. View the resulting data in the graphic format;
5. View trend data;
6. See data on the transactional level via Filter;
7. Export data to Excel spreadsheet;
8. Generate reports;
The composition and functionality of the Aggregation Comparison screen is very similar to that of the
Aggregation Viewer. Two major differences are covered below.
Aggregation Selection Pane
Aggregation Version Selection Pane (Fig.) consists of the following elements:
Aggregation Selection Buttons
Opens a lookup listing available Aggregation tasks. You can either select the same Aggregation task and compare the execution results for various As Of Dates, or you can select different Aggregation tasks, provided they both have an identical column selection.
Note: “Open” function of the File menu and “Open” button of the Main Toolbar do not allow opening two different Aggregation Versions.
‘As Of Date’ Input Field 1
By default, when the Aggregation task is selected, Date Input Field shows the most recent date the task was executed. The arrow button to the right of the Date Input Field opens the menu with the complete list of dates of the current Aggregation task executions.
‘As Of Date’ Input Field 2
By default, this input field contains data identical to the above. The arrow button to the right of the Date Input Field opens the menu with the complete list of dates of the selected Aggregation task executions.
You can also use button to open a different Aggregation task to compare its execution results with the initially selected one.
Edit Aggregation Buttons
Edit Aggregation Version button provides direct access to the Aggregation Version Setup screen where you can modify the current Aggregation Version, should the need arise.
Execute Aggregation Task
Execute Aggregation Version button provides direct access to the Aggregation Version Execution screen.
Data Grid of the Aggregation Comparison screen displays the results of both Aggregation tasks execution for both selected ‘As Of’ dates. Data appears broken down by one of the detail elements selected from the Detail selector prior to downloading the data (Fig.).
The columns of the grid display summaries data from both Market/As Of data combinations for the current Aggregation tasks with Totals on the top of the grid for the user’s convenience.
Delta column is added to show the difference between the numbers in calculated fields 1 and 2.
Data Grid Tool Bar
The Data Grid’s Tool Bar of the Aggregation Comparison screen is identical to that of the Aggregation Viewer.
Setting Up Aggregation Comparison
To set up Aggregation Comparison you have to select two instances of the same Aggregation task or two instances of different Aggregation tasks with identical column setup. To do this:
1. Press Open Aggregation selection button #1 and select the Aggregation task you want from the lookup.
2. On the Aggregation, Selection panel uses an arrow button to select the As Of Date 1
3. On the Aggregation, Selection panel uses an arrow button to select the As Of Date 2
4. Press the Apply button to load the data.
Drill down procedure on the Aggregation Comparison screen is identical to drill down performed on the Aggregation Viewer screen.
At any point during the drill down, you may want to see the transactions that correspond to your current drill down position. You can do this by using the Filter function of the Aggregation Viewer screen.
Besides viewing transactions Filter screen allows you to:
1. Configure the transactions display on the screen and printouts.
2. Adjust the values of some transaction attributes.
3. Force transactions overriding portfolio execution results.
4. Printout the contents of the Filter screen Data Grid.
To get to the Filter screen:
1. In the Data Grid highlight the row you want to explore on the transactional level.
2. Press the Filter button of the Tool Bar. The lookup opens listing sources associated with the current Aggregation tasks.
3. Select a source containing the required transactions.
4. The filter screen will open with its Data Grid displaying the transactions associated with the highlighted row of the Aggregation Viewer screen.