On the Data Storage tab (Fig.) you specify how the data will be accumulated.
The pressing button generates an empty table, following the source layout structure setup. This feature is used primarily for Permanent data (control sources) when users have to populate thus created a table manually (see the Appendix section).
1. Data Storage Type
The method of data accumulation selection is determined by the Source’s data format and can be Segmented, Continuous, Continuous with Partition and Permanent. Specifying any of these parameters will determine what routines the system will apply to the source data during the actual download and the pre/post-processing.
The following options are listed in the Data Accumulation Mode menu when you press the arrow button.
- Permanent – This type of data usually refers to control data (reference data, legacy data). Control data does not change very often and does not contain a timestamp.
- Segmented – Each data set is identified by the data source name and the date of the “snapshot” and stored in a separate table. Usually, this type of data is transactional data.
- Continuous – Each data set is accumulated in a single table along with a timestamp. This type of data usually refers to market data.
- Continuous_Partition – A variation of a Continuous Data storage type where each data download is partitioned separately within the same table.
Note: Data Accumulation Mode selection determines the remaining Data Storage Tab’s input fields.
The parameters for the Permanent data storage are identical to those for the Segmented (see below).
If Segmented is selected the following parameters need to be defined (Fig.):
External Data Table/Data Table Prefix
This parameter name depends on how the source was marked:
1. External Source – Enter the External table name. This name will be followed by the download date.
2. Internal Source – Enter the Prefix that will be used by the system when naming the table. This prefix will be followed by the download date.
Continuous/Continuous with Partition
If Continuous or Continuous_Partition accumulation mode is selected the following parameters need to be defined (Fig.):
2. Comparison Operator
Allows modifying Data select as related to As of Date. This parameter is set on = by default. This means that during the Select the data date will match As of Date.
Note: This parameter is used only in a few specific cases. Please consult Axiom SL support prior to using this functionality.
3. External Data Table/Data Table Prefix
The name of this parameter depends on whether the source had been designated as External or Internal:
1. If the source was marked External, the system creates a table at the specified DB Source location (see the General Tab section above) and assigns it the name you enter in this input field.
2. If the source was marked Internal, the system uses your prefix and produces a random name for the generated table.
4. As of Date Field
In this input field you indicate to which field you want the system to refer when specifying the As of Date parameter. Arrow button menu lists all Date fields available in the source.
Note: Make sure to add selected As Of Date field to the Key Fields list.
5. Use 4-Eyes Check
This parameter is common for all Data Storage Types. Clicking ‘Yes’ activates 4-Eyes Validation feature that controls Manual Adjustments implementation.
Note: Read 4-Eyes Check functionality described in the Data Management chapter of this manual.